Netflix Eureka bug on elastic ip disassociate

I was checking out Eureka to see if we can apply it to Hoiio’s microservice. I downloaded the war from maven central, unzip it, tweak a few parameters and deployed it to aws. The version I was using was 1.4.4

Eureka recommended that we use EIPs for the server, but I didn’t want to expose my Eureka servers to public and since all of our servers were in one AWS region so I put them in my VPC and wrote a script to update the Route 53 configuration on instance launch instead.

So everything went smooth. After Eureka was deployed, I implemented a few services, registered them with Eureka and let them talk to each others. Until one day, I wanted to change several configs and restarted the Eureka servers. Things started to went wrong.

Continue reading

Advertisements